Tuesday, January 11, 2011: After some inspiration from my sorority sisters, I’ve decided to create my own 99 in 999. What this means is that I will post 99 goals I have for myself and will strive to complete all 99 of these in 999 days. Starting today, that means I have until October 6, 2013 to complete all of my tasks. Here we go!
The strike-out ones will be ones completed.
The italic ones will be the ones in progress.
The bold ones will be the ones that are incomplete.
1. Visit three new states to add to the Nifty Fifty.
2. Fly in a plane at least 5 times.
3. Go on another cruise.
4. Get a passport.
5. Apply to grad school.
6. Attend 7 friend’s weddings.
7. Invent a new alcoholic drink and teach it to all my friends.
8. Go skiing and attempt to snowboard.
9. Take a trip out of town with best friends.
10. Ride a jetski WITHOUT falling in the water.
11. Participate in Relay for Life in honor of Nanny.
12. Visit the Biltmore House.
13. Continue to spend New Years with all of my best friends. (2011 success!)
14. Watch the sun rise/ set at the beach.
15. Sing Karaoke.
16. Have my students write letters to the soldiers in Iraq.
17. Have a student teacher in my class.
18. Become a mentor teacher for a new teacher (in Fall 2011).
19. Host awesome showers and bachelorette parties for my three best friends getting married (0/3)
20. Try a new type of sushi.
21. Spend a week off of facebook. (0/7)
22. Get an iPhone 4 from Verizon.
23. Adopt a puppy.
24. Take classes with the puppy at Pet Smart.
25. Go to 5 USC Football Games.
26. Finally go to a Winthrop Basketball Game.
27. Re-join the gym and attend regularly (3-4 times a week) for a month straight. (0/4)
28. Cook dinner each night for a week. (0/7)
29. Blog about 40/99 on this blog.
30. Join Netflix. (January 16, 2011)
31. Meet someone famous.
32. Go to a USC Bowl Game.
33. Become an expert parallel parker.
34. Meet someone new who changes my life.
35. Host a successful dinner party.
36. Learn American Sign Language (ASL).
37. Finish my USC scrapbook.
38. Go to St. Pat’s in 5 points.
39. Attend a street festival in Charlotte.
40. Ride a motorcycle.
41. Find a type of wine that I actually like.
42. Go to ten concerts (0/10).
43. Travel out of town with Samantha to see Fun. in concert.
44. Go on a spontaneous road trip. (3 hours or more)
45. Get back in the habit of going to Elevation Church (or watch them online when in a bind).
46. Go to the South Carolina State Fair.
47. Visit Mark in West Palm.
48. Visit my friends in Washington DC.
49. See the Rockettes.
50. Read ten new books. (0/10)
51. Have weekly dinners with my parents for two months straight (2/8)
52. Buy a sled and an ice scraper.
53. Buy a bright-color pea coat.
54. Pay off my Rooms to Go furniture credit card.
55. Get an iPad or a Mac laptop.
56. Take a yoga class at the gym I join.
57. Take a mother/daughter trip.
58. Learn how to do car-things from my dad (check oil and other liquid levels).
59. Buy a new fish.
60. Get a new camera and take more pictures.
61. Learn how to bake 5 new things. (0/5)
62. Finish all of my lesson planning for the next week before Friday for four weeks straight (2/4)
63. Go skydiving.
64. Learn how to drive a manual vehicle.
65. Ride a 4 wheeler.
66. Read a how-to book.
67. Help coach an intramural sport at YPA.
68. Have a sleepover with the just the girls- movies, Wii, junk food, the whole nine yards.
69. Take a fun family vacation to a new location.
70. Don’t let the gas light come on in my car for 8 weeks straight (1/8).
71. Donate to someone who is doing Dance Marathon at USC. (Sarah C.)
72. Attend an ESA reunion of some sort.
73. See one of the last Twilight movies at the midnight showing.
74. Eat a full meal at The Melting Pot (not just dessert!).
75. Donate some old clothes to charity.
76. Buy a book about dreams to decode all these weird dreams I have.
77. Fall in love.
78. Have a day to stay in PJ’s all day and not leave the house. (Snow Day #3- 1/12/11)
79. Take a pretend sick day off of work to do something fun.
80. Do 5 random acts of kindness. (0/5)
81. Release a message in a bottle.
82. Fly in a hot air balloon.
83. Spend a day with the cell phone completely turned off.
84. See a musical with my mom.
85. Spend a month without fast food (0/30).
86. Swim with dolphins.
87. Teach someone to dougie. (Taught Walt on 1/22/10)
88. Go to a Theme Park and persuade someone to ride a ride they think is scary.
89. Save more money in my savings. Build up to at least $3,000.
90. Learn how to knit and knit something for a friend or family member.
91. Watch a meteor shower/ eclipse.
92. See someone I haven’t seen in years.
93. No caffeine for a month (0/30).
94. Sell something on ebay.
95. Go back to Wet Willies in Charleston with my best friends.
96. Donate my hair to Locks of Love or Pantene Give Great Lengths.
97. Rearrange my bedroom.
98. Go on a ghost tour.
99. Inspire someone else to make their own 99 in 999.